Friday, March 4, 2011

Another Rant

You know, sometimes it astounds me how irrational some people get over an opinion. My mother and I were watching "What Would You Do?" on tv, and this particular episode was about teens getting botox. Okay, that's bad and all, but my mom starts going off on a few teen girls in the background who were watching while they got their nails done.

While she was ranting about how they shouldn't be doing that, I told her that their mothers thought differently then she did and she flipped out and asked if I would let my daughter get her nails done when she was 14.

I said, pft, yeah. Why not it's part of being a girl and it boosts self esteem. Then you know what she did?

She acted like I was a bad person. She said "Wow, really? you'd let them be little hoochies at school? I expected a little better from you but I guess I was wrong."

Hm.....so in saying I'd let my teenage girls paint their nails, I am destined to be a bad mother/person. Thank you mother, oh so much. Not only did you refuse to have a normal conversation, but you insulted me at the same time. And you wonder why I so rarely spend time with you, maybe when you can act like a reasonable adult we can carry on a good talk.

K? until then mom, you can bite me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I remember getting my nails done when I was 11 for a wedding...and then again as a treat before we went to Disney World. But I mean, I got light pink. And I wasn't a hoochie (I don't even know what that is) I was a really good kid. I was the freaking nerd with straight A's. Getting your nails done doesn't make you a bad person. Your mom sounds really strict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.O Seriously? That's ridiculous... There's nothing wrong with getting your nails done!

    ReplyDelete