Sunday, June 17, 2012

:(

So, everyone on my dads side of the family forgot my birthday. Everyone. Not even a "Happy Birthday" on face book. It was a week ago. June 10th. On June 9th, I was over at my grandma's for my sisters graduation party. (keep this in mind)

Today, we went next door to my grandmas again for fathers day, to give grandpa a present and stuff. I walked in with my dress I got from mom for my birthday and some lady I don't even know goes "Nice coverup"

So I said "Thank you. Mom got it for my for my birthday." i was thinking. Hey, maybe if I casually bring it up, they'll remember and say "Oh, happy birthday!" No. Not one person out of the 12 people in the room said anything to me. Okay. Find what the fuck ever.

Apparently, between the time I left the room and was about to leave the house, dad told her that I thought she forgot my birthday. -rubs head- Dad, I know you meant well, but I wish you hadn't told her. I really really wish you hadn't.

I go to leave the house and my grandma stops me and in this really sad "poor you" tone says "I didn't forget your birthday hon. I didn't." She leads me back to her closet and gives me this pair of shoes that she bought for herself but her feet swell, so she can't wear them. They're like flip flops...but with a velcro strap on the top. -.-;; 3 year old shoes that she bought for herself. Thanks.

Then she takes my hand and goes "i got you a card a month and a half ago, but you're never here! I can't give it to you! And I put a twenty in it, but I had to take it out this morning because your dad didn't have any money."

... Um.... what?

Remember grandma? I was at your house the day before my birthday... for like 6 hours.

ALSO. She lied. Because I saw her rummaging around in the office in her "card" stash for a birthday card to sign and give me. Bull shit she bought it a month ago.

AND ALSO AGAIN, she insulted my dad, big time. The tone she had made it sound like "Again. he didn't have money again"

So not only did she forget my birthday, she lied about it and tried to make me feel like it was my fault for never visiting her that she felt bad. Dude, just admit that you forgot. It's freaking fine. I don't give a shit, everyone else forgot too!

Oh, except my nana...who lives four hours away. She remembered. And people from the east coast. They all remembered too. But it's fine for someone who lives next door to me. And people who live just a town away.




Sorry. I just had to rant. It may seem petty and stupid.. but it's not about the birthday. This is 23 years of shit spewing out.  I don't even know why it still surprises me. -sigh-

1 comment: